Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Poor Rich Little Slut

Before I get started with this let me state that you're not going to catch me writing too many articles about celebrities so consider yourself lucky.

Everyone is making a huge deal about Sarah Silverman making fun of Paris Hilton on the MTV Movie Awards and how it appeared that Paris was genuinely hurt. First of all, we're talking about Paris Hilton, who has made a career out of being Paris Hilton. Everything she does is for publicity's sake so why should we feel sorry for her. She's a spoiled little rich kid who's not satisfied with being rich so she has to be famous as well and the only way she can do it is to whore herself out to the media. Maybe whore is not the right word since she's not getting paid to do it. I think the right word is slut. Rich little slut. Yeah, that sounds right.
Secondly, it appeared to me that Sarah Silverman was reading off of a teleprompter and someone else had written that joke. Her comment at the end that she felt dirty kind of confitms that. So don't get upset with Sarah Silverman, she's just the messenger. It was the writers for the show that did it. Speaking of Sarah Silverman, I've watched her show a couple of times and I'm not impressed. I understand she's trying to make fun of the overprivledged, undereducated and self-involved, but it's still not funny. South Park manages to make fun of some segment of our culture every week and it's hilarious. Maybe Sarah ought to hire the writers from South
Park.



Movies, Music and Games

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home