Monday, May 21, 2007

Miserable Monday

An inconvenient half-truth - It looks as though Al went off half-cocked again. One the pieces of evidence he uses in his movie is that there is a correlation between carbon dioxide levels and global temperature. While being absolutely correct, he gets it wrong about what causes the correlation. Increased carbon dioxide levels are a result of higher global temperatures, not the other way around. I can't believe someone spent money to produce this but when you consider it in the light of what it is, propaganda, then I guess they got their money's worth. It doesn't matter anymore if something is true or not as long as you can get publicity for it. The typical American thinks "Surely this must be true if they put all this effort and money into producing it."'


Exactly how does a cyclops kitty relate to creationism? If anything, it proves evolution because it was an adaptation that wasn't successful. Evolution is at work everytime a chicken is born with two extra legs or a snake is born with two heads. The adaptations that are succesful are more subtle and build upon strengths. What amazes me is the lengths that some people will go to in order to protect their ill-informed ideas. There's no use in trying to educate people like this because they don't want to be educated. They're satisfied with their little idea of the world and maybe that's ok because that's probably all they can handle. I'm not saying they're stupid, but I'm just sayin' . You draw your own conclusions.


This isn't the first time Carter has thrown Bush under the bus. I'm not Bush's biggest fan but he is the president and as such deserves respect from everyone, including former presidents. I'm sure Jimmy wouldn't want anyone dredging up his foreign policy blunders (remember Iran?) or his domestic policies (remember 21% interest rates). He's a loser and the only reason he got elected is because the country wanted a change after the Nixon debacle.

I can buy into this but only a little. I can admire their convictions but I'm not going to take food from dumpsters and live out of a van. There's so much we can all do to slow down the amount of stuff we throw away. I started keeping track of all the fax cover sheets and extraneous paper that goes through my small office and it's amazing. I'll bet my company could save a ton on fewer garbage pickups and make some money on recycling the paper we just toss now. Nothing aggravates me more than to clean out the fridge and throw away food that could have been eaten a couple days earlier. It's crazy.

Taste the most popular wines

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home