Thursday, April 06, 2006

It's over, It's over, It's OVER

Check out this article - Click here It seems as though we've driven the last nail into the coffin of creationism/intelligent design. I'm sure that there will be some "Well, what about this?" and "Oh yeah, I bet you forgot about that" but it'll all come out in the wash. My stance on this issue is that while I believe the theory of evolution without reservations, I also absolutely believe that God is responsible for it. Nothing fits the definition of an all knowing, all powerful God better than being able to set one thing in motion and letting the hand play out, all the while knowing exactly what the next card would be. Most people want to limit God by saying that he wouldn't have had us evolve from ape-like creatures because we are too important to have had such humble beginnings. I would go so far as to say that religions that put for such ideas are really humanist philosophy in religious clothing. In their eyes, God is only capable of creating one intelligent species in the whole universe - human. My don't we think a lot of ourselves. When I contemplate the wonder and vastness of the universe and the probablity that somewhere out there there are other beings doing the same thing, the only thing I can feel is humility and gratitude. Finding out that other fellow species have intelligence was simply a confirmation in the absolute perfection of God. Evolutionists and creationists are really the opposite sides of the same coin. One is too proud to admit that there is a God and the other, too proud to admit that God is actually capable of producing the universe we inhabit as a result of the Big Bang and evolution. In fact, scientists just discovered that neutrinos must have mass and that once they figure out how much, it will probably solve the problem of all the missing mattier in the universe. What this does is once again bolster Einstein's theorys and the ramifications they imply. I really couldn't have been born at a better time to experience the death of an entire philosphy(if you can call it that, to me philosophy requires independent thought).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home